At Complexion Medical Laser Skin Clinic our skilled skincare specialists know that acne can be more than just a cosmetic problem. Acne can affect people of all ages and at any stage of life. Our team can treat acne and acne scarring with effective methods that are proven successful. Working with a Qualified Skin Specialist can help you to improve your skin health and give your skin a radiant boost with the latest cosmetic skin care advancements.
What is acne?
Acne is a skin condition that typically occurs when hair follicles become clogged or blocked by dead skin cells and oil. Acne can affect both male and female, young and older. Acne generally targets the following body parts:
- Upper back
Acne is more common among adolescents, but it can appear at any age and on many different body parts. Some people only experience mild acne that goes away, while others can experience acne that leaves scarring and causes emotional distress.
What are the different types of acne?
- Pustules – papules with pus
- Blackheads – open clogged pores
- White heads – closed clogged pores
- Nodules – painful, solid lumps under the skin
- Papules – red, small bumps that are usually sore
- Cystic lesions – painful lumps under your skin that are filled with pus
Due to hormonal changes, many woman experience flare-ups of acne during the time of their menstruation.
What cause acne?
No one factor causes acne. Acne occurs when sebaceous oil/glands attached to the hair follicles are stimulated at the time of puberty or due to other hormonal changes. Sebum/oil is natural substance that lubricates and protects the skin. The plugged hair follicle gradually enlarges, producing a bump. Here are some other factors that influence the acne condition.
- Certain foods
- Excess oil production
- Hair follicles clogged by dead skin cells and oil
- Hormonal complications, such as hormonal imbalance
What treatments improve acne?
- Chemical peels
- Acne Medical grade facials
- Cutera XEO – Laser Genesis
- Medical Grade Skin Care
- Proper care and consultation from Complexion Skin Specialist
Complexion Skin Care Specialist will combine and customize multiple treatments to give you or your teen optimal results.
Thankfully, getting rid of acne isn’t as difficult as it once was. With advancements in cosmetic technology, numerous solutions are available, including our very effective Cutera XEO Laser Acne treatments. Contact one of our two clinics (Cobourg or Bowmanville) to schedule a complementary consultation to discuss a new treatment plan for you and/or your teen.
Contact us at:
(905) 373-7045 at 727 William St, Cobourg – Conveniently located inside We-Fix-U clinic
(905) 233-4374 at 196 King St. E, Bowmanville – Conveniently located inside We-Fix-U clinic.
Email: [email protected]
This article was written by our Medical Skin Specialist – Amanda DeGrace. Amanda has over twelve years of experience in the cosmetic beauty industry where she has been able to build her skills and abilities helping patients with their skin care needs. Her main goal is to ensure that all of her patients leave the clinic feeling satisfied and confident. Feel free to contact her if you have any question at [email protected]